Hemp is one of the fastest growing plants in nature .
And It can be refined into a variety of commercial items including paper,textiles, clothing, biodegradable plastic, paint, insulation, bio-fuel, food, and animal feed.
Hemp is a member of the species Cannabis sativa and contain at least 113 different cannabinoids that bin isolated from the plant , The most notable cannabinoid is the CBD and THC
Hemp possesses significant anti-inflammatory, healing, analgesic, antibacterial and antiviral effects. This herb helps effectively not only in a case of serious diseases but when applied locally in the form of tincture or ointment it brings relief and quick healing even with usual health problems. It proves especially well during treatment of so called lifestyle diseases and diseases connected with old age.
Hemp seeds and oil are one of the best sources of essential fatty acids. Apart from scarce gamma-linolenic acid they contain omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, in perfect ratio of 3:1 (human skin contains ratio of 4:1). Hemp seeds contain all eight essential amino acids.
A term “essential” is used since human body is not able to produce these amino acids and therefore people need to receive them from food or by absorbing. One handful of hemp seeds meets daily amount of proteins and fatty acids for an adult.
9 Facts about hemp
- Cultivated more than 10000 years ago throughout Asia and the middle east before finally making its way to Europe and then to the Americas.
- Hemp is used to make a variety of commercial and industrial products including rope, clothes, food, paper, textiles, plastics, insulation and bio-fuel.
- In 1940, Henry ford build the first Agricultural Plastic Car made from Soybean and Hemp and It was designed to run on Hemp Fuel.
- Hemp seed have the ideal ratio of essential fatty acids, Omega-3 and Omega-6, GLA – Gamma Linoleic Acid and SDA – Stearidonic Acids, beta-carotene and Vitamin E.
- The world’s most nutritious seed.
- Hemp can be used as a “mop crop” to clear impurities out of wastewater, such as sewage effluent, excessive phosphorus from chicken litter, or other unwanted substances or chemicals.
- Hemp is being used to clean contaminants at the Chernobyl nuclear disaster site.
- Hemp produces about 200% – 250% more fiber in the same amount of land compared to cotton.with about half the amount of water.
- Hemp requires no pesticides to grow. In fact, it doesn’t require any chemicals at all to grow.